DIY: Top With 3D Flowers

Hello guys,

For me the most beautiful clothes are these, that have extraordinary cut, embroidery, sequins, laser cut decor or 3D effects. First reason for that is my experience in retail (when you are working with clothes every day, it is logical that with time it is harder and harder to surprise me and I unintentionally start to seek something different), secondly, when I see an original piece of cloth, I see and appreciate the hard work that hides behind it. It is a slow fashion, that fascinates me, I guess... But if you can't afford all these original pieces seen in the shop windows and you are dying to wear something very special, then Do It Yourself! :)


3D petals are already several seasons a very beloved decorating motive by fashion designers. Giambattista Valli, Chanel, Elie Saab, Jenny Packham, Delpozo and many other fashion houses and designers love a magical beauty of 3D petals, that step by step are transformed into flowers, blooming meadows, forests or butterflies...


 I took my inspiration for this DIY from this amazing Kaviar Gauche F/W 2015/16 collection (You can see it here) and works of designer duo Kristi Andress. So now, let's take  a look how I made this top with 3D flowers. :)




[caption id="attachment_3396" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DIY crop top with 3D petals_tutorial_DIY fashion_ julitastefashion From simple black top to blooming bubble. So easy it can be made! :)[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_3402" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DIY crop top with 3D petals_tutorial_DIY __what you need I was very lucky, because I had an old T-Shirt with these amazing light petals, so literally I just "stole" petals from the T-Shirt and sew them on my top. If you are patient enough, you can cut similar petals by yourself. Take a look at the video tutorial below![/caption]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMm1Jk1hOcI

[caption id="attachment_3397" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DIY crop top with 3D petals_tutorial_DIY fashion_ julitastefashion__ Once I ripped the petals from my old T-shirt I pined them on my top.[/caption]

diy tutorial_ crop top_petals

[caption id="attachment_3398" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DIY crop top with 3D petals_tutorial_DIY fashion_ julitastefashion_1 Flower after flower, I sewed the petals on the top. You can use sequins, studs, buttons or pearls like me in order to create real flower effect.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3399" align="aligncenter" width="640"]DIY crop top with 3D petals_tutorial_DIY fashion_ julitastefashion_2 It is finished![/caption]

DIY crop top with 3D petals_tutorial_DIY fashion_ julitastefashion_3Hope you enjoyed today's DIY tutorial!


And never forget, - you don't have to spend hundreds to look stylish! Just take a look at your wardrobe and critically judge what can you make out of your old clothes before you buy another cheap and worthless dress, shorts or pants, made in poor factories in Bangladesh...


With love,


Julita

 

Popular Posts